Tuesday 16 June 2015

Thumbelina Re-Designed

You might be thinking, haven't you already done this? And yes I have, but I wasn't really happy with how the final book turned out and I really wanted the opportunity to improve it, to do it the way I originally wanted to but didn't have time for. So here is version 2 of my design for the children story Thumbelina by Hans Christian Andersen.


I was so much happier with how this little book turned out to be, it measures to the size of 50mm (W) x 68mm (H). I designed it to be really small, the height of my thumb, as the story is about a tiny girl the size of a thumb. You see what I did there? Its absolutely adorable at this size and you are still able to hold and read it. I want to give a big thank you to Mills Bookbinders in Birmingham, who bound this fiddly little book and in such short time due to my project deadline. Also their staff were so friendly and helpful! So thank you again!




See more images of the inside by clicking read more!



I re-painted the inside illustrations to fit the book using a 10/0 size brush (which is a tiny brush!). I had so much fun doing everything so small, it was such a challenge! I was also able to improve some of the illustrations by adding different details.






Let me know what you think, would you buy something like this? I'd love to hear your opinion.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment